Firefighters quickly extinguished a Thursday morning blaze in a Jefferson City restaurant.
According to the Jefferson City Fire Department, its units responded around 8:40 a.m. to a report of a structure fire at Arby’s, 2815 South Ten Mile Drive. An employee called 911 and stated a fry station was on fire. Occupants were told to evacuate.
Firefighters arrived to find a grease fire in a fryer, which they extinguished with a portable fire extinguisher. They then checked and found that the blaze had not spread to other areas of the kitchen or business.
There were no injuries. The business remained closed following the incident and planned to reopen Thursday evening once cleanup and health inspection were completed.
Originally Appeared Here