Firefighters quickly extinguished a blaze in a Jefferson City apartment Friday night.
The Jefferson City Fire Department reports its crews responded to a report of a structure fire in the 1100 block of West McCarty Street at 7:47 p.m. They arrived to find a three-story apartment complex with smoke coming from a residence on the second floor where a kitchen stove was on fire.
Firefighters extinguished the flames which had spread to the cabinets above the stove and surrounding area in the kitchen. No one was injured.
The blaze was contained within 10 minutes inside the apartment, although smoke spread to other apartments. Fire crews remained on the scene for an hour to complete their investigation and make sure the fire was completely extinguished. The fire was determined to be an accidental cooking fire.
Police and ambulance personnel also responded to assist at the location.
Originally Appeared Here