Gov. Mike Parson on Thursday announced appointments to 15 state boards and commissions, including boards focused on Missouri’s workforce, small business development, the University of Missouri System and the gaming industry.
Astra Ferris of Lamar was appointed to the Missouri Workforce Development Board. She is the CEO of the Barton County Chamber of Commerce. She was recognized by the Joplin Regional Business Journal as the Most Influential Woman of the Year in 2016.
Kade McBroom was appointed to the Missouri Agricultural and Small Business Development Authority. McBroom is from Qulin and is the owner and manager of McBroom Farms and Feed Fuel Plus.
Parson appointed Keith Holloway of Cape Girardeau to the UM System Board of Curators, which oversees the statewide university system. Holloway founded pallet brokerage Professional Packaging, Inc. and is a commercial real estate investor.
The governor appointed Jan Zimmerman of Kansas City to the Missouri Gaming Commission, which oversees the state’s gambling industry. Zimmerman has served as chief of police in Raymore since 2012.
The other nominees are:
- Bryan Atkins – Board of Probation and Parole
- Spencer Bartlett – Administrative Hearing Commission
- Kristina Bernskoetter – Children’s Trust Fund Board
- Eric Dove – Dam and Reservoir Safety Council
- Kimberly Eisenstein – Drug Utilization Review Board
- Julie Ferguson – Drug Utilization Review Board
- Jamie Johansen – State Fair Commission
- Jeanee Kennedy – Missouri State Board of Nursing
- K. Douglas Mertens – State Technical College of Missouri Board of Regents
- Jamilah Nasheed – Board of Probation and Parole
- Cathy Stepp – Petroleum Storage Tank Insurance Fund Board of Trustees